Thursday, November 8, 2012

Initial Post and Who I Am

I'm just a pissed off citizen, trying to make my way in life. I've come a long way; married, children, homeowner, taxpayer, and all around contributor to the 51% of Americans who help pull the tax cart in this country. Some would say that I'm an extreme conservative, but really, I don't mind government; so long as it performs the way it is supposed to for the things it says in the constitution it's required to. I do not believe that the government should support every citizen, but it should allow for the freedoms of the individual to make his/her own choices and deal with his/her consequences.

I believe that America is a land of equal opportunity, not of equal outcomes. I do believe that some catch a break, a streak of luck, or even a silver spoon, but we should not demonize the successful. What we should do, is reach out and ask them how they got to be successful. Instead of pointing fingers and initiating blame, ask them what it took to get them to the top. Instead of joining a group claiming they are 99% of the population, I believe we should ask how to make the 1% grow to 2%, or 3, or 4...

I believe that unions have destroyed America. As with any monopoly, they set the cost of service, and they demand more, even in hard times. I was part of a union for most of my working career; was even a union steward and labor liaison for a pretty good chunk early on. Now? I work for a global, non-union corporation where the group of employees work together for a common goal. We believe that to strive for success, everyone has a part, and we should ask everyone to have a stake in the company. We believe that the vision of the company should be the vision of our customer, and each employee contributes to that. We believe that through the many, we are one agent of delivery of a product and service destined to assist the many in a single world. And it works. We all work hard, and we don't have to bow down to some thugs to demand more for us. We've achieved it on our own.

I am for limited government, not more. I watch Fox News, but I also watch every other news channel out there too. I visit Drudge , and I read the DailyKos . I will provide all of you a service. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will get pissed off from time to time. I will leave no stone unturned. I seek the best for me, and through that, the best for you. Finally, I have a tendency to go over the top. I love to illustrate the truth through absurdity, hence, the title of this blog. To make a point, I will illustrate it so there is clarity, and no room for interpretation as to where I stand. So, enjoy. We're off and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment