Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Plan A for "PlanB"

I have two daughters. They are 15 and 14, and tomorrow, my oldest will be able to purchase the PlanB abortion pill; over the counter, without me knowing. She will not, however, be able to take Ibuprofen without a note from me at school. Irony is thick, ain't it?

At any rate, rather than rant on what an atrocity this is, and how this is just an attempt by the the left to breakup the family, blah, blah, blah, I'm proposing a Plan A for combating this new availability to my daughters.

Tonight, we need to talk to our kids. We need to explain to them what this pill does, and what the side effects are. Of course, those side effects are few and far between, because there is not enough data anywhere that truthfully lists what can happen if you take this thing. Nonetheless, now, more than ever, our lines of communication with our children need to be re-opened. We need to let them know that we care. We need to let them know that this is not the be-all/end all, and that responsibility is imperative to anything in life, especially when choosing a sexual partner.

Tonight, we need to let them know that this pill's availability does not erase the probability of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, and it does not reduce the risk of AIDS. This pill may inhibit them from being able to have children in the future. This pill floods their little child bodies with hormones, which may have long-term effects later in life. We need to be open and honest with our kids. We need to be frank with them, and allow them to be frank with us. No boundaries should exist in this talk tonight, because if you really care about your daughters' well being, then they deserve the truth.

We, as parents, are the first line of defense against the left's total attack on the nuclear family, and tonight, we have to stand up to this and let our kids know that we are their parents; not Julia. We have to roll with this folks. What a sad day in America. I just know that I love my daughters more than anything, and I want them to be able to come to my wife and I without thinking. I want them to approach us and ask for help if they need it. I'll do my best tonight, but I encourage all of you to sit them down and explain this to them. I hope it all works out, and I'm praying for positive results. I'm lucky that I have great daughters. This won't be easy. Good luck to all of you parents out there! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment